So, have you heard about the hype surrounding video marketing lately? Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not just a trend, it's the new black!
If you're still not convinced about the power of video marketing for small businesses, you're missing out on a lot. Times have changed, and it's time to get with the program and add some video content to your marketing arsenal.
Did you know that YouTube is the second most popular site on the web, right after Google? That's huge! And it's a clear indication that video needs to be a part of your content marketing strategy.
But wait, there's more! Video can work wonders for your social media marketing, website design, email marketing, and pretty much every other marketing channel you can think of.
So, let's get into it and take a look at some of the key benefits of video marketing, shall we?
Video Marketing: What is it?
- Video marketing is using videos as part of your small business marketing plan. It's a great way to connect with your customers, spread brand awareness, showcase your products and services, and so much more.
- There are some cool data out there that shows how powerful videos can be for your marketing game. For example, according to a report by Wyzowl - State of Video Marketing in 2018 survey.
- The use of video as a marketing tool has become increasingly popular, with 81% of businesses incorporating it into their strategies.
- t's clear that people have a strong preference for online video content, as the average person now watches over 90 minutes of it per day.
- Marketers have taken notice of this trend, with 76% reporting that video has played a role in boosting their sales and traffic metrics.
If you haven't already, it might be time to start incorporating some videos into your marketing mix!
Different types of Video Marketing
There's no limit to the ways you can use video marketing to grow your business. Here are just a few of the most popular types of videos that companies are using to promote their products and services:
- Educational VideosEducational videos aim to inform and teach viewers about a particular topic or subject matter, helping them gain knowledge and insight into the subject. As an illustration, if you run a digital marketing agency, an educational video on content marketing can provide your audience with valuable insights and tips to enhance their content marketing strategies.
- Brand FilmsBrand videos are an effective way to boost and establish brand awareness. Generally, these videos serve as a comprehensive introduction to what a brand stands for and why it matters to people.
- Specific Product VideosProduct videos serve as an effective means to display a particular product to prospective customers. They provide an opportunity to give viewers a close-up look at the product, its features, and its benefits. A good product video can also demonstrate how the product works and why it's worth purchasing. So, if you're looking to promote a new product or service, a well-crafted product video can be an effective way to do it.
- 360° Experience VideosThese videos are super cool! A lot of local businesses are using them for their Google My Business listings, giving potential customers a 360-degree view of their entire location. And realtors are using them for virtual tours, so potential buyers can get a complete look at a house.
- Company Culture VideosCulture videos are like brand films but instead focus on showcasing the company's culture. These types of videos are often used by companies to give potential employees a glimpse into their workplace and what it's like to work there. For example, Karbon Business, a fintech offering vendor payment solutions, uses videos in LinkedIn posts as a recruitment strategy.
- TestimonialsVideo testimonials are an even more powerful way to showcase your satisfied customers than written testimonials. When potential customers see someone on video talking about the benefits of your product or service, or what it's like to work with your company, it can have a much stronger impact and influence their decision-making process.
- Instruction VideosHow can I use or assemble the product I just purchased? While written instructions can be helpful, some companies are going above and beyond by creating videos to provide additional assistance.
- FAQ VideosCompanies often use FAQ videos to address frequently asked questions from their audience. This approach provides a fantastic way to respond to objections and concerns in an engaging and informative manner.
7 Benefits of Video Marketing for Small Businesses
1. Improves Brand Awareness
Let's face it, people love videos! In fact, on average, Facebook generates a whopping 8 billion video views every single day. That's a lot of people engaging with video content!
Compared to other forms of content, videos are much more engaging and captivating. They are an excellent way to connect with your audience and help them get to know your brand. By creating the right video content and marketing strategy, your brand has the potential to spread like wildfire!
2. Exponential Rise in Online Presence
Let's face it, if your business doesn't have an online presence, it's basically non-existent these days. But fear not, video marketing can help your business not only survive but thrive online!
With engaging video content, you can easily grab your audience's attention and keep them hooked. Not to mention, videos make it easier for viewers to consume your content and take action, such as subscribing to your channel or visiting your website.
Plus, when people love your videos, they're more likely to share them with others, helping you to expand your reach.
So if you want to establish your small business as a prominent online entity, investing in effective video marketing content is definitely the way to go.
3. Reveals Personality
Let's face it, we don't enjoy interacting with robots. Brands can sometimes feel faceless and impersonal, making it hard for customers to connect with them.
But with video, that barrier disappears. Videos give your brand a face and personality, making it easier for customers to connect with you on a human level. By allowing people to see and hear you, video creates a deeper connection than other forms of content.
4. Skyrockets Social Media Engagement
In the crowded world of social media, it can be tough to stand out among the sea of images and written content. But creating engaging videos can set you apart from the competition.
Engagement is crucial in digital marketing. Without it, your traffic and conversion rates can suffer. Fortunately, videos can help drive social media engagement.
By producing relevant and educational video content that speaks directly to your target audience, you'll likely see an uptick in social media engagement. So, don't be afraid to add videos to your social media strategy.
5. Builds Trust
We already know that customers are more likely to purchase a product after watching a video, but what's the real reason behind it? Trust.
Videos create a personal connection between you and your audience that other forms of content can't match.
Videos forge a personal bond between you and your audience, a level of connection unmatched by other content formats. The visual and auditory elements in videos resonate emotionally.
This experience narrows the gap between creators and their audience, creating a solid rapport.
Unlike alternate content forms, videos engage multiple senses, deepening the connection and amplifying resonance. This exclusive characteristic positions videos as a potent instrument for cultivating relationships, enhancing engagement, and delivering messages with an unmatched depth of influence.
When people watch your videos, they get to know you and start to like you, which ultimately leads to trust. And as we all know, people prefer doing business with those they know, like, and trust.
6. Cost-Effective Marketing Method
Don't be intimidated by the idea of creating and editing videos. Nowadays, businesses can produce professional-looking videos with just a smartphone, a microphone, and some basic video editing skills.
Of course, certain types of videos require the expertise of a professional. For example, you wouldn't want a branding video for your company to look like a home movie.
However, many types of videos can be produced in-house or with minimal assistance.
To keep your video production costs down and make the process easy, you can consider the following tips:
- Websites like Fiverr offer professional intros and outros for your videos at a cost of under $20.
- You can hire freelancers who can edit your videos at a reasonable cost.
- There are several free video editing software programs available that you can use instead of paying for expensive ones.
- Creating videos need not be an expensive or complex process. Here are a few tips to help you keep your costs low and simplify the process:
- You can find professional intros and outros for your videos on websites like Fiverr for under $20.
- If you are unable to edit your videos, you can easily hire freelancers to assist you at an affordable cost.
- Instead of investing in costly video editing software, you can explore the best free video editing software programs available.
7. Drives Sales
Video marketing can offer several advantages to small businesses, such as enhancing brand recognition, enhancing online visibility, adding a personal touch to a brand, increasing engagement, developing trust, etc.
The use of video marketing offers benefits that cater specifically to small businesses. It beats traditional marketing methods by supporting the visibility of the brand in the online sphere.
Through the creation of captivating visual content, companies are able to induce a personalized touch, thereby fostering deeper connections with their intended audience.
The dynamic nature of videos naturally leads to heightened engagement, as viewers are inherently drawn to interactive formats. This heightened level of engagement, coupled with a consistent and strategic use of video content, serves to cultivate a sense of reliability.
By harnessing the power of visual storytelling, small businesses are adeptly equipped to convey their core messages, establish a strong sense of credibility, and make a lasting impact in the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
However, the most significant benefit of video marketing is generating sales. By utilizing video marketing, small businesses can witness an increase in sales. Therefore, it's recommended to give video marketing optimization a try for your business. So, these are the seven benefits of video marketing that can have a positive and long-lasting impact on small businesses when implemented with an effective strategy.
There you have it, folks - the top 7 benefits of video marketing for small businesses. From boosting brand awareness to improving search engine rankings, incorporating video into your marketing strategy can give your business the competitive edge it needs. So why not give it a try?
Ramitha Ramesh serves as the editor at Karbon Business, a fintech company specializing in offering corporate credit card solutions.
She is renowned for her expertise in SEO content marketing strategy for a diverse clientele across the US, UK, and India. With a penchant for exploring the fast-paced realm of finance, business, and marketing, her blog is a treasure trove of insights that offer unique perspectives on the latest trends and developments in the industry. Finding nirvana in food, fun, and travel, she is on a mission to counter the infodemic amidst digital chaos.